Friday, September 28, 2007

Baking quickie...

Was home alone today... Gloria is spending some quality time with her grandparents (coz since I'm a temp SAHM now, they see her less than before). I initially wanted to try and bake Walnut Bread. Inspired by the ones Jaya Jusco sells... my parents lurve it. They buy one nearly every time they go to Jaya Jusco.

Let me digress a little here. Did you realise that if you get the Walnut bread at smaller Juscos it's cheaper? It's like 1.69 or 1.99 (I need to ask mum the actual price).. But if you get it like in Midvalley, it's over 2 ringgit. Location, location, location I tell ya! Though... I do feel that there's more walnut in the MidValley version.

OK back to my story.

Anyways, I went to the baking supply shop and saw a 'New Year Cookies' recipe book. Flipping through it ... I fell in love. The recipes look simple and the pictures of the cookies looks absolutely fab. It didn't cost an arm and a leg... and it's by a Malaysian chef (don't think he's well known.. but I guess being a Malaysian the taste would suit our palate.. different from the angmoh kind) There was this ONE cookie that I thought I could whip up



Mock Watermelon Crisps...

I just love how they look ...

Definitely making these as gifts :)

No comments: