Saturday, July 22, 2006

Nesting Instinct or just a Compulsive Behavior

I always have an urge once in a while to just reorganize my cupboard, drawer or furniture. I have had these urges since I was in secondary school.

I may come home one day and just have the urge to alphabetize my textbooks, or rearrange the pens in my pencil case (hmm... pen in pencil case... that sounded odd). I thought it was normal, you know... probably genes from my mum kicking in once in a while.

However I can't explain this major urge I've had for the past two weeks. I was again away for work in Indonesia, but had major pangs to clean my home! I even drew up a plan on what I would do.

First, I would sort out my cupboard and remove all the clothes that I do not want anymore .. (also coz I ran out of cupboard space....really, just one side of a two door wardrobe is NEVER enough for a girl).

Second, I want to file up all the bills that are lying around the house and reorganize all the files in the study room.

Third, I want to reorganize all the drawers in the house. Each of them must have a specific genre of item, instead of the plethora of items that they hold now.

Fourth, I even had the urge to reorganize some furniture... but that's a big no-no now.. so I just have to surpress this one.

Of course within these there would be the general wiping, sweeping and mopping.

I even dreamt of it!

Is this normal? Is this Nesting Instinct, or am I just weird that way?

3 comments:

shookmeallnightlong said...

u just weird that way dear

:D

Anonymous said...

clean my room. clean my room.

Unknown said...

And if you run out of cabinets/rooms to clean/reorganise/reorder hor... give me a call. I may be able to help. Muahahahaha!!!